COOKIES AND LOCAL STORAGE POLICY
- What are cookies?
- What are cookies used for?
- What do we understand by technologies similar to cookies?
- What are third party cookies? Who are the recipients of the information?
- How long are cookies or similar technologies active?
- Use of browsers with private browsing mode
- Detailed information about the cookies used by this website
- Essential technical cookies. They are used to manage the navigation flow within the web or to keep the user connected to it. When disabling them, it is possible that some section of the web does not work correctly.
- Customization cookies. Necessary to remember certain user preferences.
- Analytic cookies. They help us and third parties to collect information on the origin of users and their navigation within the web, to perform a statistical analysis in order to improve the structure and content.
- Advertising cookies. Used to manage the ads that appear on the web, decide the content or the frequency of the ads.
- Behavioural advertising cookies. They help to collect the user’s browsing habits to create a profile of their interests and to show them advertisements adapted to them.
- Cookies for social sharing. They are necessary to identify users in their social networks and thus allow them to share content.
What do we understand by technologies similar to cookies? Technologies similar to cookies are any type of data storage and retrieval mechanism used on the user’s device to obtain information. The most common are:
- The local storage of the browser. Some websites use local storages called “sessionStorage” and “localStorage” as well as the database indexed in the browser, to store information;
- Local storage of browser add-ons, such as Local Flash storage (“Flash Local Shared Objects”) or the Silverlight local storage (“Isolated Objects”).
- The “web beacon” is a tracking technique that consists of inserting into a web page (or in an email) an image hosted on an Internet server so that, when the browser or email program connects to said server to download and view the image, the connection is registered. This allows knowing that the user has viewed the web page or the email. Sometimes this image is very small or transparent so that the user is not aware of its existence.
- Fingerprinting techniques that combine series of information retrieved from the browser or the device in order to distinguish a particular user during the successive visits to the websites.
What are third party cookies? Who are the recipients of the information? In relation to the type of cookies that we use in our services, we can differentiate depending on who manages them:
- First-party cookies: they are created and managed by our own websites or web domains, the information obtained being managed directly or indirectly by us based on our own purposes.
- Third party cookies: cookies that are created and managed from other websites that, although not completely under our control, provide functions and features that we have decided to include on our website, such as: interactive maps, videos and multimedia elements, buttons to share on social media, ads, etc. These cookies are under the control of the third party that provides the corresponding function.
- Temporary session cookies; they remain stored in the navigation equipment until the user leaves the web page; the browser deletes them at the end of the browsing session.
- Persistent cookies; they remain on the navigation device and the website reads them every time the user makes a new visit. These cookies are automatically deleted after a certain period of time, which can be short or very long.
|Web browser||Name of “private browsing” option||To get more information|
|Internet Explorer 8 and laterMicrosoft Edge||InPrivate||https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/products/internet-explorer (Explorer)https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/instantanswers/34b9a3a6-68bc-510b-2a9e-833107495ee5/browse-inprivate-in-microsoft-edge (Microsoft Edge)|
|Safari 2 and later||Private browsing||https://support.apple.com/en-en/HT203036|
|Opera 10.5 and lager||Private browsing||http://help.opera.com/Mac/12.10/en/private.html|
|FireFox 3.5 and later||Private browsing||https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/private-browsing-use-firefox-without-history|
|Google Chrome 10 and later||Incognito mode||https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95464?hl=en|
Most browsers allow you to globally disable cookies. Many browsers also allow you to delete the cookies associated with specific websites / domains. For this, the user must consult the help of their browser. Below are links to the help pages of the most common browsers to learn about the cookie settings in each one:
- Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en
- Explorer: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/block-enable-or-allow-cookies
- Microsoft Edge: https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-10-microsoft-edge-and-privacy
- Firefox: http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences
- Safari: https://support.apple.com/kb/PH17191?viewlocale=en_US&locale=es_ES
- Safari for IOS: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201265
- Opera: http://www.opera.com/help/tutorials/security/cookies/
To delete the data saved in the local storage of the browser the user can delete the browsing history. For other browsers as well as for any clarification or question about the cookies on this website, you can contact us by email, writing to email@example.com Important notice: in case of blocking cookies, it is possible that certain services or features of the web will not work correctly. Detailed information about the cookies used by this website Information on first-party cookies:
|Feature||Cookies technology||Website domain||How long information is stored||Purpose types|
|Maintain user session and browsing flow||Temporary cookies||ww.scaledrobotics.com||During the browsing session||Essential technical cookies|
|Cookies necessary to remember certain user preferences||Persistent cookies and/or local storage||ww.scaledrobotics.com||Months||Essential technical cookiesCustomization cookies|
|Cookies to keep the user logged in||Persistent cookies and/or local storage||ww.scaledrobotics.com||Months||Essential technical cookiesCustomization cookies|
|Remember user data when leaving a comment||Persistent cookies||ww.scaledrobotics.com||Months||Customization cookies|